- There are no alerts at this time.
- The Supreme Court of Oklahoma has issued a SCAD Order for the Judiciary System to reopen May 18, 2020, with conditions. Please go to www.oscn.net to verify your court date. For any questions please contact your attorney or if you do not have an attorney, please contact the Court Clerks Office at (405) 282-0123.
- On 5/13/2020, Judge Corley issued an Administrative Order enforcing the Supreme Court's SCAD Order and adopted local court rules and procedures for Logan County Court beginning May 18, 2020.
- All non-employees entering the Courthouse will be required to wear a mask. Social distancing shall be maintained inside the courtroom and in the hall way outside the courtrooms at all times. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
duties and RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the Court Clerk are to record, file and maintain the proceedings of the District Court and to maintain books such as trial dockets, case files and journals useful for locating past court proceedings. The Court Clerk keeps summaries of court actions in an appearance docket; maintains case files; collects court fees, fines, costs assessments, and forfeitures; and distributes or expends collected monies.
The Court Clerk issues legal warrants including subpoenas, summons, orders, processes, and writs as allowed by statue. The Court Clerk is also responsible for issuing marriage licenses and other county licenses. The Court Clerk’s office also registers Minister’s Credentials.
The Court Clerk keeps records of all jurors and witnesses in the District Court. If required, the Court Clerk acts as custodian of the County law Library. The Court Clerk works with the County Sheriff’s office in issuing process warrants for them to serve.
The Court Clerk is authorized to administer oaths such as oaths from County Commissioners in condemnation cases.
The Court Clerk must also make regular reports and provide statistical and other information to the Board of County Commissioners, to the Administrative Office of the Courts and to the various entities for which the Court Clerk collects fees. Various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are required.
sCOPE OF THE COURT CLERK SERVICES
Court Clerk staff can only provide informational assistance. We cannot provide legal assistance or advice.
court clerk staff can provide
- Assistance with research and case lookup
- Information on case status, unless the case is not available for public inspection
- Copying, duplication and certification services
- Information about Court Schedules
- General information about Court procedures and polices
- Court approved forms
court clerk staff can not provide
- Any legal advice
- Advice whether to file a case
- Advice whether to take any action in a case
- Assistance filling out forms for you or advice for what to state on a form
- Advice for what to say in court
- Recommend an attorney or bail bondsman