County Clerk



All deeds presented for recording MUST have attached as an exhibit an affidavit for each grantee that complies with 60 O.S. ⸹ 121


Affidavit must be form issued by the Oklahoma Attorney General and may be found at 


Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
  Title 60. Property
    Chapter 3 - Alien Ownership of Land        Section 121 - Ownership of Personal and Real Property by Aliens


A. No alien or any person who is not a citizen of the United States shall acquire title to or own land in this state either directly or indirectly through a business entity or trust, except as hereinafter provided, but he or she shall have and enjoy in this state such rights as to personal property as are,  or shall be accorded a citizen of the United States under the laws of the nation to which such alien belongs, or by the treaties of such nation with the United States, except as the same may be affected by the provisions of Section 121 et seq. of this title or the Constitution of this state. Provided, however, the requirements of this subsection shall not apply to a business entity that is engaged in regulated interstate commerce in accordance with federal law.

B. On or after the effective date of this act, any deed recorded with a county clerk shall include as an exhibit to the deed an affidavit executed by the person or entity coming into title attesting that the person, business entity, or trust is obtaining the land in compliance with the requirements of this section and that no funding source is being used in the sale or transfer in violation of this section or any other state or federal law. A county clerk shall not accept and record any deed without an affidavit as required by this section. The Attorney General shall promulgate a separate affidavit form for individuals and for business entities or trusts to comply with the requirements of this section, with the exception of those deeds which the Attorney General deems necessary when promulgating the affidavit form.

The County Clerk’s office was established by the Oklahoma Constitution and is governed by Oklahoma Statutes.  The County Clerk serves as the official record keeper of the county.

The duties of the County Clerk are to serve as:

County Recorder:   record and maintain all records pertaining to land including deeds, mortgages, liens, oil and gas leases, plats, and other documents.  Records are available to the original land patent records issued at the Land Run.

County Purchasing Agent:   process all county purchase orders and payments as well as all bids.

County Payroll:  process all payroll, retirement, insurance, federal and state reports for county personnel.

Financial Administration:  Maintain all financial records and ledgers for all county accounts.

Secretary to:  Board of County Commissioners, Excise and Equalization Boards, Tax Roll Correction Board. 

All records are available to the public with limited exception.  Records are available during normal business hours.  Logan County Clerk’s Office, 301 E Harrison, Guthrie, OK  73044